The game or ritual known as “One-Man Hide and Seek,” aka the “One-Man Tag,” is a ritual for contacting the dead. The rituals main intent is to use the doll or stuffed animal as physical vessel for making contact with the dead.
I tried the ritual when I spent the night alone in the Sallie House. I thought the Sallie House would be an interesting location to try the ritual because of the reported activity there. One of the main reports of paranormal activity at the Sallie House is the demon which is known to take the form of a young girl.
One Man Hide and Seek Video
I have to admit that while I was preforming this ritual at the Sallie House I was quite freaked out, and it did seem to amplify the activity in the house. I received numerous responses through EVP and through the Ghost Box while I was executing the ritual. After I ended the ritual and tried to get some sleep, I had the worst dream I had ever had that involved my family. When I woke up I had scratches on my back. Was this from the activity in the home, or from the ritual?
How to play One Man Hide and Seek
Warning: If you have psychic abilities, you may feel unwell or be prone to accidents during the ritual.
Things You Need
One stuffed doll. It must have limbs.
Rice, enough to stuff the doll full.
One needle, and one crimson thread.
One pair of nail clippers.
One sharp-edged tool, such as a knife, glass shard, or scissors.
One cup of salt water. Natural salt would be best.
A bathroom, with a bathtub and some form of counter.
A hiding place, preferably a room purified by incense and ofuda. There must be a TV in there.
One Man Hide and Seek Prep
- Take out whatever the doll is stuffed with. Once all of its stuffing is removed, re-stuff it with rice.
- Clip off a few pieces of your nails, and put them inside the doll. Sew up the opening with the crimson thread. When you finish sewing, tie up the doll with the rest of the thread.
- Go to the bathroom and fill your bathtub with water.
- Return to your hiding place, and put the cup of salt water on the ground.
How to Play
- Give a name to your doll. The name can be any but your own.
- When the time is 3 AM, say “(your name) is the first it,” to the doll three times.
- Go to the bathroom, and put the doll into the water-filled bathtub.
- Turn off all of the lights in your house, go back to the hiding place, and switch on the TV.
- After counting to ten with your eyes closed, return to the bathroom with the edged tool in your hand.
- Go to the bathtub, and, say to the doll, “I have found you, (the doll’s name).” Stab the doll with the edged tool.
- Say, “You are the next it, (the doll’s name),” as you take the doll out of the bathtub and leave it on the counter in the bathroom.
- As soon as you have put the doll down, run back to the hiding place, and hide.
How to finish
- Pour half of the cup of salt water into your mouth. Do not drink it, just keep it there.
- Get out of your hiding place, and start looking for the doll. The doll is not necessarily in the bathroom. Whatever happens, do not spit out the salt water.
- When you find the doll, pour the rest of the salt water in the cup over it. Then, spit out the salt water in your mouth onto it as well.
- Say, “I win,” three times.
- This is supposed to end the ritual.
After this, make sure you dry the doll, burn, and discard it later.
Please do not stop this ritual halfway. You must do it through to the end. This is a dangerous ritual, and I will not be responsible for what happens to you if you try.
Other things to keep in mind while playing
- Do not leave your house until you have done the finishing ritual.
- You must turn off every single light in your house when told to do so.
- You must keep quiet while hiding.
- You do not need to put the salt water in your mouth during the beginning. You only need to do it during the finishing ritual.
- Remember, if you are living with someone, you might put them in danger too.
- Keep the ritual/”game” under two hours, or else the spirit will be too strong to remove.
- For safety reasons, it might be best to keep all the doors in the house unlocked, including your front door. As well, have friends close by, so that they can come and help you at a moment’s notice, if you ever need them. Keeping a mobile close at hand would be a good idea too.
Important Things of Note
- The rice represents innards, and also has the role of attracting spirits.
- The crimson thread represents a blood vessel. It seals the spirit(s) up inside the doll.
- By cutting the thread off, you break the seal and release the spirit(s) you have trapped.
- If you go out of the hiding place without salt water, you may encounter “something wandering around” in your house, which may harm you in some way. The way to feel the presence of “something wandering around” is to watch “what happens to the TV.”